If you require additional support for learning, please see below links to websites and free resources that might be useful during school closure.
- MyOn Reading: offers a personalised digital reading experience for students of all ages and abilities, and a host of literacy tools and homework features. LAT has funded full access to all the available features for one year, full details of which will be rolled out in the coming weeks. Pupils can currently access over 7,000 enhanced digital books free of charge. Please see here for a brief instruction on how to access the MyON books
- The Little Angel Theatre Company: is showing lovely puppet shows & stories on U tube. They are doing Jon Klassen hat stories and they’ve also got videos to learn to make the puppets!
- National Book Tokens: Design a new book token and win tokens worth £10 for you and your classmates, for when schools open again! See your design printed on all the book tokens for your friends! Click on this link to read more about the competition. Entries close on Sunday 28 June and should be designed using A4 paper – you can download the template here. Complete your entry form shown in the link above and submit online. One child’s design will be chosen every week for 7 weeks! Good Luck with your entries!
- Blue Workbooks: Additional supplies of blue workbooks will be made available for collection from the Academy office between the hours of 10 am and 2 pm to avoid drop off / pick up times. Please only take one book at a time (if nobody is at the office) to ensure there are sufficient for everyone.
- Reading Eggs Junior: have launched a Junior version of their online letters and sounds programme for 2 – 4 year olds! Parents can sign up for a 30 day free trial during the period of school closure and have access to Mathseeds for maths learners aged 3 – 9
- Reading Eggs: for online literacy learning for EYFS/KS1 click here and for KS2 and Reading Eggspress – click here
- Mathletics: For maths online learning for KS2 – please click here
- The Joe Wicks kids daily workout is proving very popular at 9am every day – but if you prefer to take things a bit slower – you can always try Cosmic Yoga or Go Noodle
- Dave the Dog Story: Click to hear a child friendly version on Coronavirus
- Amazon audible books: Amazon have suspended their subscriptions for their audible books! You can now download stories for children and teens free of charge on this link!
- You can take your child on a virtual zoo tour every day or as a treat for the end of the week!
- Click on Chester Zoo or Edinburgh Zoo to view the animals by live web cam and now Port Lympe Zoo have joined in the virtual zoo tours; you can also download some useful resources.
- On this link you can make five really cute animals using old toilet rolls and craft paints. Upload photos of your snakes, crocodiles, lions, elephants or octopus – or create one of your own!
- Make your own paper fidget toy – a FLEXTANGLE! Hours of memorising fun! Download the template here and watch the step by step tutorial here
- Make your own slime – download a guide here
If you require accessible versions of the PDF documents on this page, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org