We are all finding ourselves in an unprecedented situation; families attempting to work full time whilst ‘home schooling’ families in ‘isolation’ – and apart from loved ones – families who may be trying to come to terms with the loss of family or friends, families trying to adjust to changes and coping in anxious times and key worker families trying to cope with juggling their families, whilst continuing to volunteer on the front line fight against COVID 19.
Let’s be ever thankful that our children are safe and well with at home; but please be aware of the Government’ continued advice, even though the weather seems to be getting warmer as Spring turns to Summer.
Here are some support groups that may help during these difficult times:
- SLD Awareness including Dyslexia: virtual meeting by Google Meet on Wednesday 1 July @ 3 pm
- 7 Top tips to support reading at home: download a pdf
- DFE FAQs on Free School Meals
- School Closure Toolkit
- Talk to your children about the Coronavirus
- A social story by Carol Gray about the virus
- Work out ideas for home: Go Noodle , Cosmic Yoga and Jo Wickes 5 minute workout for kids
- Visit Speech & Language Link for lots of Speech & Language resources, advice and tips for parents working with children who have SLCN at home.
- Visit Driver Youth Trust for resources for children with cognition and learning difficulties
- Dave the Dog Powerpoint Presentation
- Supporting Children with ASD during COVID 19
- Supporting Individuals with Autism through uncertain Times
- Public Health England have developed guidance on the mental health and well being aspects of coronavirus
- NHS Every Mind Matters website is all about looking after your mental health and well being including information about sleep. Their website also offers an interactive quiz to give you some personal top tips and advice around promoting positive emotional and mental health and well being. This has also been tailored for the Coronavirus outbreak.
- NHS have created a web page about Mindfulness, which can help improve your mental well being.
- NHS have also created a variety of useful videos on several different topics:
- have some useful links on supporting the health and mental well being of families during this difficult time.
- These links are on: How to entertain your kids at home and How to look after your Family’s mental health whilst indoors
If you require accessible versions of the PDF documents on this page, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org