If you believe that a child or young person is at IMMEDIATE risk, you should treat this as an emergency and call the Academy, or call 999 to report your concerns to the Police.
Our safeguarding personnel as at September 2019 are as follows:
- DSL Designated Safeguarding Lead: Julie Forsythe
- Deputy Safeguarding Leads: Sheena Williams, Rachel Pilcher, Nadine Bill, Sandra Foxwell
- Child Looked After Coordinator: Julie Forsythe
- Online Safeguarding Officers: Sandra Foxwell (DSL) Sabina Borthwick
- Person responsible for children with medical conditions: Sheena Williams
Most children generally enjoy a happy childhood experience within their own family. Unfortunately for some, this is not always the case. During difficult family times, everyone who knows the child must do the best they can to protect them from future harm.
You may be concerned about a child or young person. You may or may not know them, or even their name. Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. Abuse can take many different forms, such as neglect, sexual abuse, physical abuse and even emotional abuse.
Don’t assume that someone else will take responsibility and make that phone call. You could help to save a child’s life. If you are worried, report it!
Please contact Specialist Children’s Services or the Police immediately:
Kent Central Duty Team:
Telephone: 03000 411111
Fax: 03000 412345
Emergency Out of Hours:
Telephone: 03000 419191
Kent Police Child Abuse Investigation Unit: 01622 690 690
If you need to advise us of a child or young person moving into Kent from another area, please contact the Safeguarding Unit on: 01622 694157